Words and Photos by Isabel Aguas
Whether you’re looking to satisfy your sweet tooth without wasting that workout or having guests over last minute, this 5-step no-bake cake pop recipe is a healthy indulgence sure to please. The best part? Serving dessert in lollipop form saves you from a dishwashing after-party.
Snacking on these clean cake pops is great for maintaining your portions and sugar intake. It’s an awesome mid-day snack or dessert that fuses the energy you get from nuts and the vitamins you get from fruit.
Here’s all you need:
1 cup of cashews
1 cup of almonds
1 ½ cups of pitted dates or figs
1 tsp of vanilla powder/extract
A pinch of salt
¼ cup maple syrup
½ cup coconut oil
¾ cup cacao powder
A food processor/blender
A mixing bowl
Skewers or BBQ sticks
A few simple steps:
1. In a food processor, simply combine cashews, almonds, pitted dates or figs, vanilla powder/extract, and salt. Grind until the nuts are powdered and worked into the fruit. A clay-like dough should be formed.
2. Roll and shape into ping pong-sized balls and attach to a skewer. Pop these in the freezer for an hour. This more effectively mixes the ingredients.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together your maple syrup, coconut oil, and cacao powder until smooth.
4. After an hour in the freezer, take the balls out and dip them into the chocolate mixture, coating them evenly.
5. Refrigerate until the cake pops completely harden. Now, enjoy each guilt-free bite!